Don’t let the August winds leave your skin feeling dry
With Spring just around the corner, the only thing standing between you and warmer weather is the August wind that has become synonymous with the last month of winter. Here are 10 tips to minimise the effects that wind has on your skin, hair and body:
- Wear a scarf or bandana – to prevent wind from drying out your skin use a scarf or bandana to protect as much of your face and neck as possible. Dehydrated skin feels tight and is more prone to the development of fine lines.
- Wear gloves and a hood – enlisting the help of additional clothing will help protect delicate skin from the drying effects of the wind.
- Stay out of the wind to avoid dust and allergies – the dust carried by wind not only blocks your pores, which can lead to breakouts, it can also cause uncomfortable allergies. Keep your skin clean and moisturised to avoid unwanted spots and keep your skin feeling hydrated and supple. If you suffer from allergies, there are really good antihistamines available that don’t cause drowsiness.
- Protect your eyes – protect your eyes from dust and the drying effects of the wind by wearing sunglasses. You can also apply artificial tears or lubricating eye drops to eliminate uncomfortable dry eyes.
- Don’t forget the sunblock – the sun’s rays are just as damaging no matter the season. Make sure to apply sunblock even if you feel cold.
- Moisturise more frequently – apply moisturiser to your skin more frequently, especially around the eyes. Buy a convenient travel size pack to carry in your handbag. And if necessary, try a stronger formulation to beat winter skin dehydration. Correctly formulated serums can have potent efficacy without causing skin breakouts.
- Apply lip balm – Lip balm will help prevent dry, chapped lips during windy conditions.
- Use a humidifier – to counteract the drying effect of the wind, use a humidifier indoors.
- Use a leave-in conditioner after you wash your hair – the wind can also dry out your hair and make it quite unruly. Use clips, elastics, a scarf or headband to keep it tied back.
- Massage your scalp – this will help circulation to the head to ensure healthy growth and natural oil production to help protect your hair from the drying effects of the wind.
Keep your skin hydrated with OPTIPHI®
OPTIPHI® products are formulated using state-of-the-art scientific principles, comprehensive research and thorough testing to ensure a superior product offering. To make sure that your skin is in the best possible hands during the dry, windy weather click here to find your closest OPTIPHI® stockist.