Here are some ideas to help you make a difference this Mandela Day
Mandela spent 67 years making the world a better place. We’re asking you for 67 minutes. On 18 July people will celebrate his birthday worldwide by demonstrating that everyone has the power to make a change in the world.
Why celebrate Nelson Mandela Day by helping others?
The United Nations officially declared 18 July as Nelson Mandela International Day in November 2009, recognizing Mandela’s “values and his dedication to the service of humanity” and acknowledging his contribution “to the struggle for democracy internationally and the promotion of a culture of peace throughout the world”.
By giving a little of your time to make a positive difference to the life of someone else, you can start changing the world around you just like Mandela did.
Support Cuppa for CANSA this Mandela Day
To mark Mandela Day 2015 BELOTERO, RADIESSE AND OPTIPHI® will be supporting Mrs SA Finalist 2015, Anéle Jansen Van Rensburg‘s Cuppa for CANSA on Saturday 18 July. The event will take place at The Collection, Pretoria. All proceeds from the event will go to CANSA. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more ideas
You can make a difference. Here are six ideas for you to help on Nelson Mandela International Day:
- Contact your local HIV organization to find out how you can help.
- Volunteer at your local hospice. Many terminally ill people have no friends or family who can visit them.
- Donate toys to the children’s ward at your local hospital.
- Offer your time to children who need help with a school subject you are capable of tutoring.
- Donate your old computer and books to a school.
- There are many people desperate for clothing and blankets, donate clothing and blankets to those in need.
For more ideas visit http://www.mandeladay.com/actions/featured
“We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.” Mother Teresa