Don’t let summer holidays ruin your complexion
With summer holidays just around the corner we are all looking forward to good times with friends and family. Be it enjoying the sunshine or taking in the sunset and fun after dark your skin still needs attention. With all these celebrations come “selfies” and pictures to record special memories. Don’t let the skin stressors that come with these festivities ruin your complexion.
Here are five skin stressors to avoid these holidays, to look your best from every angle:
- Sun exposure – by now everyone knows about sun damage and how it drastically speeds up the aging process. Make sure that you apply sunblock when you go outdoors and use a moisturiser with added sunblock.The OPTIPHI® Protect the Canvas includes an SPF 30 for everyday use.
For complete dermal vitality, the OPTIPHI® Restore Therapy moisturizer is formulated to refurbish skin density, support the structure of the skin, promote elasticity, activate collagen and replenish lost moisture. For the same benefits with a sun protection factor – try our Complete Therapy for daytime use.
TIP: Reapply your sun protection regularly throughout the day
- Dehydration – Exposure to the elements and not drinking enough water can lead to dry skin. Don’t forget the golden rule – hydration is the foundation of beautiful skin. Make sure that you use a good moisturiser and drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated.OPTPHI® offers various moisturizes to suit all skin types and conditions.
- Alcohol – Apart from the toxins in alcohol that make us look dreadful when we overdo it, alcohol is also very dehydrating. Make sure that you keep hydrated and use a good moisturiser to keep skin in healthy conditions.
TIP: Drinking plenty of water also helps with over-eating during the holidays too.
- Not getting enough sleep – when we are sleep deprived our bodies release the stress hormone cortisol that breaks down collagen, which is critical for firm and elastic skin.
Another negative is the appearance of dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. OPTIPHI® offers Eyesigns active gel to help should the festivities go long into the night.
- Healthy skin equals healthy complexion – holidays are filled with lazy days and a break from daily chores. Don’t cut corners over the holidays and neglect your skin. Cleanse, exfoliate, moisturise – the secret to beautiful skin: Use OPTIPHI® cleanser daily for clean, calm and smooth skin; use the OPTIPHI® Muslin Cloth to gently exfoliate your skin; and finish with OPTIPHI® Classic Moisturizers or the OPTIPHI® Active Moisture Control Light.. the choice is yours.
There is no better feeling during summer holidays than making special memories and maintaining beautiful skin! Ensure your skin is always healthy to look your best every day. OPTIPHI® is designed to suit your unique skin needs, and is the perfect holiday solution to healthy, balanced, refined and radiant looking skin.